What is a single will?
Many people become very confused about what a single will actually is.
Basically, a will is a legal document that allows you to allocate money, property and possessions to individuals, groups or chosen organisations once you have died.
A will really is the most important piece of legal documentation that you will sign.
WAHU’s 2007 Day on the Hill provides you the opportunity to come to Madison, and talk with your legislators as a health insurance professional. Think of the impact our association coming together as one large group to speak to our State Government about our industry! Won’t you join us in defending your livelihood?
The theme from your WAHU President this year is 'Insuring Healthy Futures! Part II'. As we gather to visit with Legislators, it is fitting to remember over 100 million Americans receive health insurance coverage from the professionals who belong to our (national) Association. Many well intentioned Legislative initiatives interfere with the efficient delivery of health care without addressing the real problem: COST!
Highlights of this year's Agenda are:
- A legislative discussion with Assembly and Senate Insurance and Health Chairs; Listen to the ideas from Madison and prepare yourself to debate the pros and cons of these ideas with your state legislators.
- Keynote Speaker newly appointed Office of the Commissioner of Insurance, Sean Dilweg. Commissioner Dilweg will share his insight as the newest member of Governor Doyle’s administration and head of the OCI.
- Town Hall Forum and Legislative Update will prepare attendees to meet with their State Representatives and earn credit towards Continuing Education!
- Appointments with your State Senator and Representative. Remember if you’re not there to talk to your legislator, imagine who will be!
- On Wednesday night, the evening starts with the WAHU Member Reception followed by the WAHU Legislative Reception. Come and welcome Legislators whom you just met with that afternoon.
Thursday’s Continuing Education courses will highlight the latest Agent Licensing from the OCI, and the Coalition of Wisconsin Aging Groups work with Medicare and keeping the price low for Prescription Drugs.
Bring your clients!
As we did last year, we are urging you to bring your employer clients with you. There is no better way to influence legislators then for them to hear directly from you, (THE EXPERTS), and the people their legislation affects (YOUR CLIENTS). If your clients cannot attend, then at least obtain a letter from then addressing the legislators and requesting that they not do anything relative to health care legislation until they have consulted with you, the Experts. Please contact the WAHU office with any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-268-0200.
Click Here for a Client Registration form.
Facility & Accommodations:
WAHU’s 2007 Day on the Hill will be held at the Madison Concourse Hotel, located just one block from the Capitol. For those that will be staying overnight, we have blocked off rooms at the Madison Concourse Hotel. When making your reservation, let the hotel know you are with WAHU. You will receive the special room rate of only $99.00 on the Concourse Level and $129.00 on the Governor’s Club level. To make reservations, contact them directly at 800-356-8293. The reservation deadline is February 5, 2007.
Questions? Contact the WAHU Staff at 608-268-0200 or email email@example.com