Save the Date! 2009 Day on the Hill
February 25 – 26, 2009
Monona Terrace Convention &
WAHU’s 2008 Day on the Hill provides you the opportunity to come to Madison, and talk with your legislators as a health insurance professional. Think of the impact our association coming together as one large group to speak to our State Government about our industry! Won’t you join us in defending your livelihood?
Highlights of this year's Agenda are:
- A legislative discussion with Assembly and Senate Insurance and Health Chairs; Listen to the ideas from Madison and prepare yourself to debate the pros and cons of these ideas with your state legislators.
- Keynote Speaker newly appointed Office of the Commissioner of Insurance, Sean Dilweg. Commissioner Dilweg will share his insight as the newest member of Governor Doyle’s administration and head of the OCI.
- Town Hall Forum and Legislative Update will prepare attendees to meet with their State Representatives and earn credit towards Continuing Education!
- Appointments with your State Senator and Representative. Remember if you’re not there to talk to your legislator, imagine who will be!
- On Wednesday night, the evening starts with the WAHU Member Reception followed by the WAHU Legislative Reception. Come and welcome Legislators whom you just met with that afternoon.
Bring your clients!
As we did last year, we are urging you to bring your employer clients with you. There is no better way to influence legislators then for them to hear directly from you, (THE EXPERTS), and the people their legislation affects (YOUR CLIENTS). If your clients cannot attend, then at least obtain a letter from then addressing the legislators and requesting that they not do anything relative to health care legislation until they have consulted with you, the Experts. Please contact the WAHU office with any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-268-0200.
Facility & Accommodations:
Those that will be staying overnight, we have blocked off rooms at the Madison Hilton Hotel. When making your reservation, let the hotel know you are with WAHU. You will receive the special room rate of only $139.00. The reservation deadline is January 20, 2008.
New this Year! Online Hotel Reservations! Click Here to reserve your room.
Questions? Contact the WAHU Staff at 608-268-0200 or email email@example.com